2011 Ramsey expecting signings

    2011 Ramsey expecting signings

    Gunners midfielder believes club will be busy in market

    Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey is expecting manager Arsene Wenger to be a busy man in the transfer market this summer.

    It proved a season of frustration for The Gunners as the north Londoners' trophy drought extended into an unwanted sixth campaign.

    Arsenal had been challenging on four fronts before their Carling Cup final defeat to Birmingham was followed by exits in the UEFA Champions League and FA Cup, while their title hopes also then fell by the wayside.

    Wenger has been tipped to splash the cash this summer and bring in the players needed to take the club to a new level, a move backed by the Wales international.

    Ramsey is well aware of the names being linked with a move to Emirates Stadium and he expects there to be player movement during the close season.

    Expectations

    "I expect Arsene will be active in the transfer market," he told The People. "There have been a few names mentioned and I am sure there will be a few players in and out.

    "Obviously we haven't won anything for a long time. The pressure has grown and the fans have been quite vocal lately. But the spirit in the dressing room is the same as always.

    "Everyone gets on with each other so there is nothing wrong there and, hopefully, we can win a trophy next season."

    Ramsey added: "Personally, next season will be a big one for me as it's my first full campaign since my injury.

    "I'm pretty happy with what I've done this season. I got myself back to match fitness and I'm happy with that.

    "Like everybody else I'll have a break now, but I know I can have a good season when it gets going again."
    Source URL: http://ghubar-magazine.blogspot.com/2011/05/2011-ramsey-expecting-signings.html
    Visit ghubar magazine for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive